HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 1

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:40:54 -0800
Donna writes:
> >   Something X-friendly would be a big help as well.
>
> you know...this is quite interesting (at least to me (and we all know how
> easily entertained i am :-)).  in the last couple of weeks we (3000-l) have
> several 'requests' for an x-term interface to mpe.  is this a market-force

There are two different issues here.  I think the original poster referred
to "x friendly" as meaning "utilizes X windows on Linux", as opposed to
simply running in an xterm window.

The poster may want to check on the freevt3k program:
   ftp://ftp.telamon.com/freevt3k/

and, there's a chance that someone has a product ... but I can't remember
who they are (they used to be located in Lake Tahoe area, and moved to
Virginia (?))

Let's move "X-Windows and HP 3000" to a separate thread, with it's own
subject line!

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html