UTCSTAFF Archives

March 1999

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Mary Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:58:54 -0500
I join Harry Spratt in his recommendation to consider using "Ghost"
lighting to conserve energy
by turning off lights at night in empty classrooms, theathers and labs.  I
believe that would be far more effective in reducing electrical comsumption
than having us turn off lights everytime a class is over in a classroom.
Sure you may save an hour of consumpution in between classes by turning the
light off, but then the lights are left on all night anyway in many
classrooms as noted by Harry.

Mary Coleman
Political Science Dept.