UTCSTAFF Archives

March 1999

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:54:24 -0500
What started as a minor network glitch late last week exploded into a
major problem for numerous buildings on campus this morning.  While the
helpdesk and others fielded dozens of calls, network services isolated
the problem to our aging Bay Networks hub in Hunter 124.  Apparently
electronics are prone to senility as well, as the old beast took it
upon himself to cross-connect several of our subnets with less than
satisfying results.

This problem was corrected at approximately 11:30 AM; if there are
further problems please let us know.  Apologies for any inconvenience
this may have caused.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>