UTCSTAFF Archives

March 1999

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Diane Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:55:22 -0500
Lisa Pemberton, of the College of Education and Applied Professional
Studies, has received $100,000 from the Tennessee Department of Education
for Title I K-12 school support.  Title I funds support economically
disadvantaged schools, enabling them to strengthen school-wide programs and
meet state goals.  This support will affect up to sixty
schools--twenty-five new Title I sites and thirty-five continuation sites.

Ms. Pemberton will facilitate the flow of vital information between the
school system's Title I director and school principals, assist schools in
developing or refining their plan for improving student performance,
establish a school support team at each school and provide team members
with appropriate training.

Congratulations to Ms. Pemberton and the College of Education on this
important project!

Diane Miller
Director
Office of Grants and Program Review/Dept 4905
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN  37403
TELEPHONE:  423-755-4431