SCUBA-SE Archives

March 1999

From:
John Nitrox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 15:33:55 -0600
Dear Lee,

At 02:31 PM 3/27/99 -0500, Lee Bell wrote:
>Here it is in Word 97 format.  If you need ASCII, delete this one and let me
>know.

        Thanks for the information.  Every other year we take a dive trip to
Florida, and we are planning to move there in the near future.  I oppose all
governmental interference in private commerce, and believe when bad air is
sold (as in the case of Peter Klaus, Subtropic, and Southpoint) the criminal
and civil courts are adequate to deal with the problem.

        Although I'm not one of  Senator Sullivan's constituents, I still
plan to write him addressing this issue.  Rest assured, I found the current
text of the bill at
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/session/1999/Senate/bills/billtext/html/billtext/
sb0278.html
and I have plenty of copies.  You've done your job well, and there are so
many Floridians that are interested it this proposed legislation that, in my
case, my attachment file is brimming over with copies of the text.  I hope
when we move to Florida I become part of this amazing network.  I'd hate to
be part of Senator Sullivan's staff answering all the acrimonious calls and
letters that he must be getting.

DPTNST,

John