SCUBA-SE Archives

March 1999

From:
C Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:41:13 -0500
So, the list springs to life! I work for an online magazine called The Web
Developer's Journal, and we operate several mailing lists. It's funny, but
this is how it always works when people suddenly start posting to a list
that has been dormant for some time. A couple (or more than a couple) of
folks who forgot or never knew that they were on the list start getting all
this mail all of a sudden, and get real uptight.

Not knowing proper Netiquette, they don't know how to unsubscribe themselves
in the normal way, and start posting a bunch of indignant, and sometimes
highly colorful, messages to the whole list.

Now that I've contributed my share of noise, and plugged my Web site
(http://WebDevelopersJournal.com), I'll get around to talking about diving.

I live in St. Pete, FL, and learned to dive about 18 years ago when I went
to Eckerd College. Years later I worked on cruise ships for a few years, and
dove in the Bahamas, Cozumel, the Bay Islands, and snorkeled on various
other islands. I've also done a good bit of diving in the Keys.

Tomorrow I'm heading up to Crystal River to snork with the Manatees - the
folks at the Plantation Inn told me there are lots of them in there, due to
the recent cold spell. Has anyone dived there recently?

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't dived in over two years. I mean to plan a
trip sometime soon, but can't decide whether to go back to one of my
favorites (Keys, Cozumel) or try somewhere new.