SCUBA-SE Archives

March 1999

From:
Barry Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 00:44:43 -0600
I guess since I started this thread I should give my weak little diving
resume, too.
I'm Barry Collins, 32 yrs, from Collins, Mississippi.  I began diving about
2-1/2 years ago as part of a search and recovery group.  I am certified NAUI
OW1 and IANTD Nitrox.  My diving has included a couple of trips to south FL
and the Keys, several FL springs, Destin, and the muddy, 6" vis ponds and
creeks of south MS.

I've been interested in diving for many years, even bootlegged a little in
Mexico, but never took the plunge (sorry) and got certified because of very
poor eyesight.  I just didn't want to hassle with corrective lenses and
worried about the risk of losing my mask.  Finally, refractive surgery
techniques progressed enough to deal with my problem and now I'm an RK
poster child, able to blow wads of money I don't have, on diving I don't
have time to do.

Immediate diving goals are the Empire Mica, the Horseshoe Rigs off the MS
coast, and hammerheads at Flower Garden Banks.  Costa Rica is kinda on my
mind, too.  Anybody been there?

Barry