SCUBA-SE Archives

March 1999

From:
Elaine Malfas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:22:47 -0500
I forgot I subscribed to this!
I'm Elaine Malfas and I live near Boca Raton Florida. I first dove in 1996
and am now a PADI Divemaster. I have done most of my diving on the wrecks
and reefs of south(east) Florida, in addition to some diving in the Keys and
Bonaire.

John Hudson wrote:
>I'm planning on taking a long weekend to drive down to West Palm Beach
>in the next couple of weeks if I can find the time.  I'd appreciate
>any pointers to dive ops in the area.

John, there's a bunch of dive charters in Riviera Beach, just south of WPB.
However, I rarely dive from those boats because they send a DiveMaster in
the water to hold the flag for everybody (these are drift dives). I like to
have one flag with a buddy team or small group. The charters south of there,
in Boynton Beach, Deerfield Beach, and Pompano) allow several teams in the
water. But, it just all depends on what you want to dive, I guess.

----Elaine