HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 4

From:
Paul Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:44:41 -0600
There are two exams. Originally they were for the Channel partners. Now the
technical one is available for the MPE consulting community. One is for the
"Sales Professional" which had a self-study guide on HP3000 sales/competition
information and basic configuration guidelines. The other was for the
"Technical Consultant" with the MPE Fundamentals and MPE System Manager classes
as the study material plus MPE experience. I took both exams several years ago.
The sales one was pretty easy. The technical one was fairly difficult. Partly
because there were questions on obscure parts of MPE and contained several
major errors.

Gavin Scott wrote:

> d writes:
> > is this the consultant's exam?           - d 'trying to stay calm'
>
> Keep in mind that the MPE test was designed, I believe, for the technical
> people who work for resellers to take.  I suspect that most of these people
> support a number of different platforms, and so the reseller technical
> certification requirements may be more "reasonable" than those for a CNE,
> MSCE, or even the HP-UX certification class.  Their definition of an "MPE
> Consultant" may be closer to "MPE Technical Sales Consultant" than what
> your definition of an "MPE Consultant" would be.

</snip>

> G.

 Paul Edwards                     HP 3000 Certified Consultant
 Paul Edwards & Associates        Phone: (972) 242-6660
 1506 Estates Way                 Fax  : (972) 446-9022
 Carrollton TX 75006              Email: [log in to unmask]