HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 4

From:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:00:24 -0600
At 2/24/99 02:17 AM -0500, Bob Bender wrote:
>Can someone point me in a direction to configure my HP Laser printer to be a
>network printer off the HP3000.

The process is pretty well documented in Chapter 3 of the "Native Mode
Spooler Reference Manual".  That manual is available in both the MPE 5.5
and 6.0 manual sets on http://www.docs.hp.com/mpeix/ but specifically the
5.5 version of chapter 3 begins at
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/B3265090848.16170/14  (The 6.0 manual
uses frames and other things to provide a different user-interface than the
5.5 manuals online which I find makes it harder to determine a portable URL
to a specific section; you may want to have a look for yourself.)

>                                   I need steps for the nmmgr process.

Odd as it might seem, network printing isn't configured using NMMGR but
instead depends on SYSGEN device(s) with the id HPTCPJD plus a text file
called NPCONFIG.PUB.SYS defining each printer LDEV (which might have more
than one LDEV associated with each IP address, perhaps to give different
environments such as landscape vs. portrait or duplex printing or special
margins or line spacing as needed).
--
Jeff Woods
[log in to unmask]  [PGP key available here via finger]