HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 4

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:39:08 -0500
Paul Edwards says,

> Both are available. Interex just doesn't seem to want to give
> the MPE test a discount.

I've been thinking lately, ever since just prior to IPROF, when Michael
Doyle put the invite out to the "early morning" meeting at IPROF on what
Interex can do to advocate MPE more.

Michael handles Publications, but it was a nice gesture and a good start.
One thing that DID come out (and I think I was the one that said it, but it
WAS 6:30 AM folks!) -- Interex has spent a lot of advocacy on UX and NT, and
in comparison, little on MPE.  The interest from an Interex standpoint for
MPE has waned over the years.  It's almost as though that way back when, HP
said "push UX, push NT" - and Interex obediently followed.  Again - this is
PERCEPTION and by no means a fact, but...

Is this yet another example of this perception?  Inquiring minds want to
know.

Joe (just wonderin')