HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 4

From:
"Stigers, Greg [And]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stigers, Greg [And]
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:21:57 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
Good points. This industry tends to be hard on 'me too' marketing.

I am not so egoless that I don't care what you thought of * my * idea for a
commercial... but I am not so egotistical that I miss the more important
point, of persuading HP to market their solution. Singular... And while I
primarily care about their marketing the 3000, I get your point - their ad
campaign should drive a synergism among product lines, not set one product
in competition with another of their own products... Maybe my little idea
needs to show the problems of implementing a solution on brand x servers,
versus the productive legacy of a production applications running on each of
the lines of HP products. Maybe another commercial, with the director of
that meeting starting to use an HP PC at home, and telling a family member
that that is what they have been using at work; they seem to work well.

HP. An original company. There's a thought. I've read that they are one of
two Silicon Valley companies not to descend from Fairchild Semiconductor, or
a descendant thereof.

What will it take to see an ad campaign actually happen?

All progress, all success, springs from thinking - [log in to unmask]