HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 4

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:00:32 -0500
Real Life: We try hard here at UTC to keep the similar Windows machines in
the same student computer lab cloned from a model, but the folks who manage
this tell me that even the same model from the same manufacturer won't always
behave the same way.

   Aside from the computer labs, and despite the best efforts of our PC Help
Desk, and the fact that we very often buy from Dell, I don't think there are
any duplicates of the same configuration of software and hardware on campus.
Our "migration" will be the gradual replacement of older machines with new
machines - so we will always have a mixture of versions to support.

Richard

--
Richard Gambrell
Database Administrator and Consultant to Computing Services