HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:33:39 -0500
Joe Geiser wrote:

> To add to Tom's and others comments:

> Those who don't like it -then unsubscribe - it's fast and easy....
> but I think that it's a mistake.  Jeff provides a valuable service
> and we all benefit from it, free of charge!  (Except for your dialin
> charges, which we can't help).

And as was pointed out at SIGMPE yesterday, HP3000-L remains the
official mailing list of the SIG, in spite of our occasional topic
diversions and other "chit chat" in which we may find ourselves
engaged.

Granted the list subscription is overwhelming for many, but there are
hopefully enough formats available to suit your schedule/time to stay
in touch:  digest mode, index mode, the newsgroup, the threaded web
archive from Bruce Toback, the list archives, and the executive
summary available through Interex.  If there is anything else we can
do to make the list more suitable for your environment please let us
know.

PS - Last night's summary of the day's proceedings should be taken
perhaps with a grain of salt, it was a late-night dump of the day's
events that I didn't extensively edit.  I surmised some quick notes
might "bring IPROF to you" for those readers unable to attend.  There
will be a more intensive follow-up after my return, so any mistakes
or omissions you may notice (for those of you that attended) please
notify me offline so I can make corrections prior to the official
SIG minutes.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
HP3000-L owner/SIGMPE chair