HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:13:12 -0800
We have a new application in which it's desired to attach a flat file to
the Transaction Management subsystem to help ensure against data loss in
the event of a system failure.  I remember that FSETMODE had to be used to
attach a file to XM, but all manner of warnings were written in early
literature re: performance issues if too many user files were attached in
this manner.  Can anyone shed newer light on this issue and offer advice,
warnings, personal experience, etc.??

TIA,
Lee Gunter
Regence HMO Oregon