HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:39:46 -0500
Ric,

> To all,
>
> I hope this gets to the list the correct way, I don't reply
> to this list
> very often.
>
> I feel that everyone is missing the boat on this issue.  PH owns a
> compiler(?),

<rest snipped>

No, some of us do not miss the boat on this issue, and agree with your
assessment.  Cognos has a compiler/interpreter, that's all.  They do not own
any source code belonging to licensees of Cognos - and if their licensing
agreement states that it does, anyone could challenge it, and win.

In other words Ric, most of us agree with you!

Joe