HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:09:13 -0500
Wirt Atmar wrote:

> John Korb writes:
>
> > It sure sounds like those consultants are (to put it as kindly as possible)
> >  incredibly uninformed and either were completely unsuccessful in
> >  researching the HP3000 or (shudder at the thought) failed to perform ANY
> >  research.
>
> They may not be as uninformed as everyone is making them out to be.
> Consultants almost always have an agenda (like almost everyone else). Their
> "badmouthing" one product or another may be nothing more than a part of their
> gentle tutelage to get their clients to move in some pre-determined direction.

Wow, Wirt got profound again (:)).  Well, Wirt if you get to
Heaven, I guess
you'll be off this list.  Oh well.  But seriously, the quote is
just BS and
nothing more.  The "consultant" was an ignoramus who felt he ahd
to say
something.

I pity anyone who takes the advice of another blindly - lawyers,
doctors,
accountants, consultants or whatever.  We are the masters of our
own
fate, if we only realize it.

How's that for a philosophy?

Nick D.