HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:06:22 -0500
After a few incarnations of a "structured" SIGMPE meeting where we had
tried to plan a careful agenda and solicit as much HP information as
was available, we had a few disappointments (being evicted from one
meeting room comes to mind).  For SIGMPE at IPROF this year I would
like to get back to our roots and solicit input from the users rather
than spending the entire meeting getting updates from CSY (not that it
is unwelcome!).  I feel this is particularly appropriate for this year's
IPROF format as many issues (MPE/iX 6.0, Posix, etc) are being covered
in their own venue.

I am therefore soliciting input from the list, particularly those of you
who will be attending IPROF, for some input regarding:

   * topics you would like CSY to present not included in the plenary
     sessions,
   * hot issues you would like to bring to the table,
   * enhancement/improvement topics

I have also been communicating with Donna Garverick of SIGSYSMAN as we
had
several cross-SIG topics based on her agenda.  Some of these may move to
SIGMPE since we have an added timeslot.  We haven't finalized the split
as
yet, but we'll work it out in due time :-)

The "loose" agenda would be along the lines of:

   * Housekeeping/formalities
   * CSY presentations (Gopi and Jeff V, at a minimum, have volunteered
     but asked for topics to present)
   * User input discussion, hopefully with commentary from CSY
   * Prioritize enhancement/improvement items

To conserve bandwidth, please reply to me directly; I will summarize for
the list before the conference.  Please respond by Wednesday Feb 17.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>