HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:31:12 -0600
Hello Friends:

Jerry Fochtman of Bradmark wrote about the new SPP program, and third party
discounts being continued in it:

>I'm not sure this may be true.  As one of the 3rd parties offering
>discounts under the 918DX program we've not been contacted about the
>replacement program.  So whether or not all current participants
>continue to offer free/reduced products under the new program with
>its additional hardware options is probably not yet known.

Maybe Bradmark hasn't been contacted -- but HP has told me the third party
program is still in place. From a Q&A that HP sent on Feb. 1 to brief me:

"Q. Are third party application development tools and middleware packages
available to SPP MPE/iX members at a discount?

"A. Yes, several third parties offer their package at heavily discounted
prices to SPP paid members. The list of third party vendors participating
in this program can be found at http://jazz.external.hp.com and will also
be included in the membership package. Contact the third party directly for
more information. Proof of SPP paid membership is required to obtain any of
these packages at the discounted prices."

Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
The 3000 NewsWire
Independent Information to Maximize Your HP 3000
[log in to unmask] http://www.3000newswire.com/newswire
512.331.0075