HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:10:30 EST
Sandra Chim (I think) writes:

>       *** NEW SERVICES FOR ISVs ***
>  We're making a strong push to encourage ISVs to develop new applications
>  and modernize existing applications for the HP 3000 and the MPE/iX
>  operating system. The HP Partnership Solution Provider Program (SPP) has
>  expanded its focus to MPE/iX! SPP offers ISVs accessss to extensive HP
>  3000 resources with paid membership, including significant discounts on
>  developer's systems, free MPE/iX 6.0software, and improved
>  communications. For more information on SPP,visit
>  www.hp.com/go/partners.

I went to the website recommended above, which I've visited before (we're
already a card-carrying, dues-paying member of the SPP). Let me say what
others have said about HP web pages: If you already didn't know that the 918DX
program existed, you would never know it if this website was your only source
of information. Indeed, you wouldn't even know the HP3000 existed.

I travelled down every link and was able to find only three or four scattered
references to MPE/iX, but certainly nothing under the relevant pages that a
first-time visitor would certainly choose ("specialized developer programs",
"technical services", "equipment", etc.). This web page isn't going to cause
anyone to become an HP3000 developer -- or even suggest to them such a program
exists.

Wirt Atmar