HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
RON HORNER <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RON HORNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:45:49 -0600
Actually, I was thinking of STAT74.  STAT74 has the following entry on
the CD-ROM:

STAT74.

This option allows you to specify that file status codes should be
returned in the manner specified in ANSI COBOL 1974 (the way the ANSI74
entry point works) when the ANSI85 entry point is used.  This allows you
to use the ANSI COBOL 1985 features together with the old file status
codes.

I don't think that using this is getting "around" the features of the
language.  It's more of the best of both worlds (74 and 85).

Later.