HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Joe Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:47:23 -0500
Hilarious!   Back in 1991 I was privileged to work on the Program Committee
of Interex .  At the first planning meeting at Interex headquarters, I
suggested that, as M$ and its coming NT operating system was an important
(though not necessarily welcome) part of all of our daily lives, maybe we
should invite Bill Gates to be our key note speaker.  At that time I was
informed in no uncertain terms by the HP rep at that meeting (was it Orly?)
that under no conditions would HP allow (did they control Interex?) ANYONE
from M$, especially B.G. to speak at our meeting.  The attending Interex
Board member (was it D.A?) told me to "settle down and quit rocking the
boat".  I succumbed to their pressure.  Instead, we got some good speakers,
like the guy from Aberdeen Group (sorry too many years, I forgot your name)
and of course that GREAT speaker from Sun Valley, Idaho (A.R) with the
central American accent and neat sense of humor.

Isn't it funny how the worm turns?

Joe Howell, HIS Company
On-site at UCC, Savannah, GA

Mark <[log in to unmask]> on 02/02/99 08:56:15 AM

Please respond to Mark <[log in to unmask]>