HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 22:24:06 GMT
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I have a question for you - Can anyone help me in converting a BASD file?
>
> The file is called "test at 383W 1 record per block a total of 2171 records"
> I need to convert this to ascii so that I can download to a PC.
>
> First, IS this possible or do you have to do some things to a BASD file first?
> I am completely ignorant when it comes to Basic so any help is extremely
> appreciated.  I tried a fcopy with a ebcdicin but the data didn't look like it
> was converted.
>
> Thanks for all the help!
> Gordon Wong

BASD files have their own internal structure. Each block contains
delimited fields at the low end and field org data at the high end. As a
block is written to, the fields fill in bottom-up and the org data fills
in top-down.

To obtain a complete output, run BASIC.PUB.SYS and enter DUMP TEST. It
fill then dump all the data to the terminal. You can do this in a job
and then save the job listing like this:

!JOB GETBAS,MANAGER.WHATEVER;OUTCLASS=LP,1
!BASIC
DUMP TEST
!EOJ