HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Raghuram Bharathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Raghuram Bharathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:27:46 +0530
Hello David,

At the risk of repetition, if EXITONERROR is set true,
the ftp session will be terminated on encountering a
5xx  (permanent fatal) error.

It used to behave inconsistently previously (ignoring
some 5xx errors) and this was corrected.

"mkdir" of a directory which already exists, results in
a 5xx error.  Hence ftp terminates, if EXITONERROR is set.

If you want to go ahead with the execution, even if
there is a duplicate directory, then I guess, you should
follow Steve Fulton's suggestion, and turn EXITONERROR
off, before mkdir and then turn it on again.

Hope this helps.

--
Best regards,
Raghu  (mail me at rram at india dot hp dot com)

CSY R & D, Bangalore, INDIA
Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not HP

Murphy's Technology Law #6:
Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and
he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it, and
he'll have to touch to be sure.