HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Jim McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 23:47:55 -0500
An NT port would be the worst possible thing that can happen to the 3000.
In the last year that we have been using NT, the OS had to completely
reinstalled about 6 times.  Just about everytime we add new hardware or
software the OS gets trashed.
Since the last time NT was reinstalled I have lost a few drivers and some
services.
At first I thought there was virus deleting files.  I used a few different
products trying to find what virus I had.  There is no virus.  It seems NT
itself is the virus, blowing away it's own files.

It would be suicidal for any shop to leave a dependable and stable operating
system like MPE for an unstable combination OS/Virus like NT.