HP3000-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:00:51 -0600
Hello Friends:

HP's Commercial Systems Division (CSY) announced today that it will offer
the Apache Web Server as a supported product for MPE/iX beginning in
August, 1999. CSY will begin a beta-test program in May with a selected
customer base to test the server running in the HP 3000 environment. The
software has been running on HP 3000s for almost three years as unsupported
freeware.

HP will be offering Apache/iX immediately from the CSY Jazz Web site, in an
unsupported version. The 1.3.3 version will be available for download. HP
will evaluate Apache 1.3.4 as part of its August supported release.
Apache-SSL support is still being evaluated, as HP points to the majority
of its Web-using 3000 sites that run secure Web servers on other platforms
with links to 3000 data.

<plug>
Paid NewsWire subscribers who have given us a current e-mail address have a
more detailed report in their mailboxes this afternoon. We'll update this
story with discussions from SIGWeb at IPROF after our first report in our
February issue.
</plug>

Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
The 3000 NewsWire
Independent Information to Maximize Your HP 3000
[log in to unmask] http://www.3000newswire.com/newswire
512.331.0075