UTCSTAFF Archives

February 1999

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Gavin Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:01:46 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

I have the pleasure of announcing the results of the 1999 North Callahan
Essay Awards. This year we had nine outstanding submissions for the award.
The judges, however, were able to determine a clear winner. Help us
congratulate Ms Janet Spittler for her essay, " The Acculturation of
Christianity in Japan: The Kakure Kirishitan, Mukyokai, and Makuya
Movements."

Thanks to an endowment for the award established in 1998 by UTC benefactor
Dr. North Callahan, Ms Spittler will receive a check for $1000 on Honors
Day, April 13.

Gavin Townsend
UHON Director
Chair, North Callahan Essay Award Selection Committee