UTCSTAFF Archives

February 1999

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Bill Stacy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Stacy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:48:39 -0500
I am delighted to confirm that our campus is now slated for the
long-awaited Engineering, Math and Computer Sciences building.  A 28
million dollar appropriation has been included for this project by Governor
Sundquist in the state budget for FY 99-2000 and is specified in his
capital outlay recommendation.  In addition, proposed capital projects from
bonds and other sources have been indicated for our campus.  These projects
include the Hunter Hall renovation, the university center renovation and
expansion,and a new single-student housing facility.  The total capital
project recommendation for UTC of approximately 60 million dollars is
indeed welcome news.  I am humbled by the reality that the Engineering,
Math and Computer Sciences building recommendation is the only new
construction project scheduled in the FY 99-2000  budget for Tennessee's
higher education institutions.

I know you join me in expressing great appreciation to Governor Sundquist,
Senator Ward Crutchfield, President Joe Johnson and the many friends of UTC
who helped make this possible.  These actions are wonderful for both our
campus and the extended community we serve and prompt the need for
acceleration of and focus on the campuswide planning energies and efforts
we now have underway.

Thanks to all of you who have been part of the development of these
projects, and to those who will be instrumental in our ongoing
implementation actions.