HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 5

From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:42:21 -0500
I am getting ready to upgrade to 6.0 this weekend.

The 6.0 update received from HP contained a letter about using the CD-ROM
media for the first time.  I supposedly just switched media to CD-ROM,
although the update contained DAT tapes and not CDs.

The HPSUSAN number and a keyword to access the subsys products we licensed
is listed on the letter.  The HPSUSAN number is incorrect, and I am taking
care of that with HP.  I presume it is hashed with the keyword which would
be incorrect also.

Anyway, I am wanting to perform the update this weekend and am wondering if
I can use the DAT tapes that came with the update, or if they have the
HPSUSAN number in a file on them and will not work, in which case I will
need to have new tapes made.

The update contains only a SLT tape and a FOS tape, no SUBSYS tape.

TIA

Ron Miller
OpenPlus