HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:46:20 EST
Richard Gambrell writes:

> It quite amazes me that otherwise sane administrators and executives think
>  they can succeed by doing the opposite of what their very own IT staff is
>  telling them.  On a similar note, why do they trust the advice of a
>  consultant they pay big bucks to, but who isn't accountable for it working?

Because of the "Never a prophet in your own land" syndrome?

Wirt Atmar

Lordy! Just before I sent this, I looked in AltaVista to be sure that I had
the phrase correct, and sure as shooting, a consulting firm lists the reason
above as justification for hiring them. Their URL is:

     http://www.mckennaconsulting.com/programs2.html