HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

From:
"Genute, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Genute, Thomas
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:46:08 -0500
I don't know if this message is bogus or not but I am so concerned that I've
already written to my Rep.

Please pass this along if you don't want to incur extra charges for Internet
use.
cc:
Subject:        Charging to use the internet? SPEAK UP

        Clinton's talking about Surplusses and Congress is still finding new
ways to tax us.   Taxation without representation?

     Subject:   Charge for using Internet

        Guess we realized the government would sooner or later find a way to
tax us for using the internet.  Congress will be voting in less than two
weeks.
        CNN stated that the government would, in two weeks time, decide to
allow or not allow a charge to your phone bill equal to a long distance call
EACH time you access the internet.
        The address is
        http://www.house.gov/writerep/ <http://www.house.gov/writerep/>
        If you choose, visit the address above and fill out the necessary
form!
        If EACH of us, forwards this message on to others in a hurry, we may
be able to prevent this injustice from happening!
        Please Pass This ON
        Remember...
        To work with the Laws....