HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

From:
David Rutherford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:26:33 -0000
All this talk of Oracle reminds me of how far they were prepared to go to in
the early '90s in an effort to attract new talent.

Located in the Thames Valley area west of London are a lot of computing
companies - IBM, Dec, and HP among others. In the early '90s there was a
lack of people to fill the vacant positions within the IT industry (in the
UK anyway). So Oracle hired a large lorry (sorry, truck:-)) and parked it
outside the offices of other computer companies. Written in big letters on
the side of the truck were the words...

        COME AND WORK FOR ORACLE, CALL THIS NUMBER NOW.

I don't know how successful they were with this enterprise, but it was
certainly different.

Regards,

David
(+44 171 658 5452)

                Confidentiality Notice

This message may contain privileged and confidential information. If you think, for any reason, that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it, and we would ask you to notify us immediately by return email to "[log in to unmask]".