HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:08:33 -0800
Shawn ponders:
> I've been messing with the new job queues in 6.0, and other than the
> oversite of the JOBFENCE, I found something rather odd.  If I do a LISTJOBQ
> the HPSYSJQ show's a job limit of 3500 even though my job limit is 30.

All job queues have a LIMIT that is separate from the one true system
LIMIT.  This includes the default HPSYSJQ.  The 3500 default is a number
large enough that you should never run into the case where the existence
of this second, unobvious, limit on normal jobs affects you.

I suspect that you can reduce your entire operations and support staff
to a whimpering, twitching, paranoid mass by executing the command:

   :LIMIT 0;JOBQ=HPSYSJQ

and then watching while they attempt to figure out why jobs won't log on,
even though :SHOWJOB indicates that the system LIMIT should allow them
to.

G.