HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:23:16 -0500
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> I seem to remember some talk a while back about pjl and the new
> laserjets.  Seems the current driver on the 3000 does not know what to
> do with these messages.
> What is one to do?  Is there a newer printer driver?

The MPE spooler's network-printing module no lo comprendo the new PJL
sequences generated by some of the new printers (LJ 5si's I know for sure
give it fits). The result is console messages stating unknown PJL sequence
was received... and sometimes spooler hangs or leading banners printing over
and over and over...etc.

The workaround is to set pjl_disabled in the npconfig file.

HP developed a patch (MPEKXF7?) that stopped the console messages, but
didn't solve the problem (at least for us). We have open calls with the HPRC
(since escalated to the expert center) on this matter.

          -Chris (remove nospam) Bartram