HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:27:05 -0800
We have a need to generate files that a PC can get using Samba. The vendors
program REALLY wants both CR & LF at the end of each line, not just the LF
that tobyte puts. Is there any quick and easy way to do this with standard
utilities?

I've tried writing a small C program (C/iX from CI, not on posix side) and
I'm having all sorts of weird problems. I had to add fflush after fputs
otherwise it would fail every so often. Then when I fclose the file I get

Intrinsic layer; the operation could not be completed because of
insufficient
disc space in the group.
File System message 40

There is way more then enough disc space. The weird thing is that it will
work with small files, like the source to the program, but when I put actual
data it dies. Next stop, using intrinsics...

Thanks, Lane