HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
Bernd Broermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bernd Broermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:56:31 +0100
Hi , once more,

> > Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host. localhost
>
> Samba wants to be able to lookup the host called "localhost". If you're
> using DNS, you need to add an entry in your DNS for "127.0.0.1 localhost"

I dont wnat to be boring, but there is an localhost defined in
/etc/hosts ( which is a link to HOSTS.NET.SYS.
And it doesn't matter if there is a /etc/resolv.conf  ( which is a link
to RESLVCNF.NET.SYS. )

At startup I PUT in the commands:

NETCONTROL START; NET=loop     # I didnt configure that , but ping
localhost works
NETCONTROL START; NET=pclan    # I didnt configure that , but ping mpe55
works
NSCONTROL START
STREAMS 10
SPOOLER LP;START

I am not very familar to MPE systems, but I want to to  show the
facilities of free Software even for computer architectures which have a
history before coming up of Unix.

I want to show samb/iX for MPE  on a fair in hamburg next thursday.

Please help

--
Broermann Technologie Beratung
http://www.opensource.de

/etc/hosts
# This file contains information regarding the known hosts.
# Copy this file to HOSTS.NET.SYS if that file does not already exist.
#
# The form for each entry is:
#
# For example:
# 128.128.128.128 hostname hostalias hostalias.domain.com
#
#
127.0.0.1 localhost loopback
192.168.96.50 MPE55 salbei
192.168.96.1  pfeffer  nameserver    # bind
192.168.96.7  fenchel
192.168.96.3  vanille
192.168.96.5  majoran

/etc/resolv.conf