HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
"Wendell E. Gragg" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:16:20 EST
We have been having problems with our Support Link modem the past several
days.  While the modem will answer and connect, the caller never receives the
MPE prompt.  Our CE has replaced the modem several times with both the same
type and others.  We have replaced the serial cable.  The User Port setting
for ldev21 is 9600 baud, modem type 0 (we tried it with a 1 also) and no
parity.  The modems have been from 2400 to 9600 baud.  On one try, we did get
a message stating that it cannot Fwrite to $stdlist in Startlogon for ldev 21,
but most of the time there is no console message.

This is a 928RX machine.  IPL does not help.  Does anyone have any ideas?
This is getting frustrating as I have to dial in every night to do my backups
and our software vendor cannot get in to check on things and do updates.  Any
help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wendell Gragg
Socorro Independent School District