HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
"Trudeau, James L" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trudeau, James L
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:39:41 -0700
Howdy,

<snip>

> One thing I do now is carry my laptop in a brief case.  I happen to have a
> Port carrier with good protection for normal bouncing around, but if you
> don't have one you can purchase the soft foam typical in a laptop carrier
> and custom fit the laptop into the brief case.  Naturally, this doesn't
> mean
> the brief case won't be stolen, but at least it doesn't appear to be an
> expensive laptop being carried around.

<snip>

Forgot about that.  Five/six years ago we had a "community" laptop (Herbie)
that whoever needed took home.
We got a kinda large briefcase whose origin was probably for a portable
typewriter, took it Herbie, modem,
xformer, cables, etc out to shipping and reciveing and had the whole
enchilada foamed in place.  Everything fit
nothing bounced about and pop the lid yer ready to go.  Don't know where you
can get stuff commercially
foamed in place but a little checking might get you a convenient travel pak.

James Trudeau