HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:52:54 +0000
Gavin Scott wrote:

> The SIGJava Executive Committee wishes to invite all HP3000 users with
> an interest in Java to join us at a special pre-IPROF session on
> Wednesday, February 17th, from 6 to 9pm in the evening at the Cupertino
> Hilton Garden Inn, immediately following the Image SIEC "Enchilada"
> meeting.

[snip]

Speaking as a non-attendee on IPROF (just can't make it over the
pond), I would really be interested in some kind of transcript from
the Java proceedings particularly from the following items :

>     - What's possible, what makes sense for the HP3000, and what are
>       people actually doing today

> What you can do with Java today
>     - Java and Legacy Application integration
>     - Java Development environments
>
> What you can do with Java Tomorrow
>     - Application servers, etc.
>
> JDBC
>     - Getting to your data on the 3000 from Java
>
> How to get started with Java on the HP3000
>     - how to download/install (pre-6.0)
>     - how to install (6.0)
>     - Recommended reading/browsing
[snip]

Are there any plans to record/minute/transcribe any of the material
from this? Could it be put on a webpage? Are there any other
non-attendees who would also be interested in this suggestion?
It strikes me that this forum is the best vehicle for imparting this
sort of information and I regret that I no longer live in California
near enough to attend.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
John Dunlop