HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
"James Clark, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Clark, Jr.
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:27:34 -0500
If they are on a PC with a TCP stack then go to where the TCP stack is
pointing for its databases and locate the file HOSTS and add the address to
the file. If you are unable to find HOSTS look for HOSTS.sam, open it and
read the example and then add to it and save it as HOSTS. Now if the PC is
set up to look at its own files before say going to a DNS server then it
will locate the address by name.

James

P.S. An example entry would be as such:

192.189.10.2    rickclark