HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:57:28 -0500
If your DTC is a 72NX (not sure if it appears for others), this would be
located on the profile screen under GO TO SWITCH. This allows the
assigning of an IP address to the DTC. We just recently did this.

Since we are on the subject, this brings up a question.

I configured a card for telnet access to the DTC. To connect to a system
requires the user to enter in the connect command along with the ip
address of the machine they wish to connect to. What I need to do is
create a script or a simple command of some kind that the user can enter
in. For example, on our terminals servers, the user can connect to the
HP3000 by typing in >c hp
or connect to the HP9000 by typing in >c dialer

What I have been wondering is, can we assign a host file to the DTC? Is
there a simpler way instead of typing in ip addresses? (Not that the
user would have problems with that!)

Rick Clark
Senior Analyst
WW&R