HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:28:12 GMT
I am trying to convert some Open Reel Tapes containing data backed up from
a HP/3000 system running MPE O/S.  The utility used is the HP Store/Restore
version 2 utility.

The HP system has been SCRAPPED and the need is  to transfer that data from
tape to disk (PC readable format) and later transfer these data to a
spreadsheet.

I did a data dump from tape to disk (on a PC) and discovered that in the
beginning of each file are some unknown characters.

Can you tell me what these are and how to handle it or if there aredata
any utilities that can restore the data to PC formats (I already have a
utility to dump the data from tape to disk in binary format)

Thanks and regards.

YK Yee