HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 22:31:14 -0800
On Jan 17, 12:57pm, Genute, Thomas wrote:
> SETVAR HPPROMPT "!HPSYSNAME#!!HPACCOUNT:"

Unless your logon account changes (perhaps, via a program that calls
AIFCHANGELOGON) you do not need the two exclamation marks (!!) before
the HPACCOUNT variable.  Two 'bangs' are typically used when the
data being represented is dynamic in nature.  For instance, I would
place two 'bangs' before the HPCWD or HPGROUP variables since the CI
supports a means of changing these locations (via :CHDIR and :CHGROUP,
respectively).

I think,  SETVAR HPPROMPT '!hpsysname#!hpaccount:' will suffice.

Jeff Vance, CSY