HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:23:33 -0800
I've got a small C program (<100 lines) that lists all of the network users
(telnet or vt) sorts by IP address and highlights duplicates. It would be
easy to modify it to set a JCW with the number of times logged on. Then use
a logon script to handle the rest.

Now that I think about you might be able to get the CI to do it for you. Do
a listf ci.pub.sys,8 to file. Then use grep to find all the lines with the
workstation address, which is in the variable HPSTDIN_NETWORK_ADDR. If you
put the output into a file, then you could use FINFO to find out how many
lines are in it and that would tell you how many times they were logged in.

Just an idea....

-Lane