HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 2

From:
David Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:47:50 -0500
Michael Wrote:

> I have been put into the unenviable position of installing and
researching
> the MQSeries product.  This is an IBM product that apparently will work
on
> the HP/3000.  IBM's description of MQSeries is as follows:

An unsupported version of the MQClient is available for the HP3000.

http://www.software.ibm.com/ts/mqseries/txppacs/ma5i.html

<plug>

Java's Messaging API which IBM helped support, enables the development of
portable; message based middleware applications (Like MQSeries) that can be
used with ADBC to access IMAGE data,KSAM,and MPE files  from your HP3000.
We have been experimenting with a message based, application server, which
we are developing in Java, that can run on any Java platform (we are using
NT). Our message based application server , uses ADBC to post MM3000,
inventory transactions to an MPE message file (CONIN), and retrieve
inventory data from MM3000's IMAGE databases.

For more information on the Java Message API:

  http://java.sun.com:80/products/jms/index.html

</plug>

Dave Thatcher
Advanced Network Systems, Inc.      http://www.advnetsys.com