HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 1

From:
Cliff Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cliff Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:50:58 -0000
Dave Althoff wrote in message <[log in to unmask]>...

>(No, I never had a ZX-80 or 81.  But I was reading Creative Computing when
>those machines became available.)

Ha! Kids of today eh? Don't know what they missed! The serial number of my
ZX80 kit which I ordered the day the advert first appeared in Personal
Computer World was number 000359 - wonder if anyone got an earlier model?

Cliff Lawson (who went on to design computers for Amstrad).

PS I lent my ZX80 to Microsoft when they were setting up a museum of
computer history and the bastards never gave it back!! (Obviously they must
have really wanted it for disection to learn about how "real" computers
work!)