HP3000-L Archives

January 1999, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:35:14 -0800
Michael Dovano writes:
> To allow a sort of compromise, we implemented a feature in recent versions of
> Patch/iX that allow you to set the default of either naturally disqualifying or
> NOT naturally disqualifying enhancement patches from a PowerPatch. If Patch/iX
> encounters one or more enhancement patches you will get the following prompt:
>
>      This PowerPatch tape contains FOS enhancements as well as fixes.
>      The default for Patch/iX is not to install these enhancements.
>
>      Would you like them to be installed (Y/N) ?
>
> Answering "yes" will override the default and allow all patches to pass through
> the normal qualification process. This new feature is available in Patch/iX
> versions B.01.02 (for 6.0) and B.00.16 (for 5.5). These versions are shipped with
> all reactive patch tapes, and are available from your response center.
>
> Let me know if this helps. Also, feel free to send any feedback my way.

This is a long overdue enhancement.  Good job!

One more "enhancement" that I'd like to see is to have the latest version of
Patch/iX be downloadable from the HP ESC either via http or ftp.

I download a good portion of my patches directly from the HP ESC web site,
and so there isn't any reactive patch tape with the latest Patch/iX on it for
me to use.  It seems a bit silly for me to have to open a new HPRC call just
to get the latest Patch/iX.  Put it online and let me download it myself
without bugging the HPRC.
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/