HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 5

From:
Leonard Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leonard Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:04:57 -0500
An Allbase DBE is attached to a TurboImage database on System B. This data base is
actually a shadow (Netbase) of a data base on System A where it is attached to 2
different DBEs.

Last night, because the shadowing had fallen out of synch, the data base from System
A was stored, with the ATTACH flags still set, and restored to System B. If I look in
DBUTIL, I see that that data base is attached to those 2 DBEs.

Here's the question or curiosity: On System B, in ISQL, not only can I connect to the
local DBE, but I can execute a SELECT on a table (dataset) and have real, valid data
returned. It seems that Allbase does not care what DBUTIL (read: root file) thinks,
but does it's own thing based on the definitions in the DBE. Is this a bug or a
feature?

Thanks.
Leonard S. Berkowitz
mailto:[log in to unmask]