HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 5

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 23:31:53 +0100
Ken wrote (he actually wrote more than my snippet here)...

>Other vendors are distributing LZW as a helpful service;  they
>are obviously in no way obligated to make sure they have the
>latest version;  or even to provide any version at all.

One habit that I'm trying to educate myself to get used to in
such regard is to not just supply the nice and helpful tool but
also provide a small text file with (at bare minimum) a URL or
similar reference where the (latest) original can be found.

Just my DEM 0.02 (soon to be EUR ~0.01 ?)

:-) Lars