HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 5

From:
Art H Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art H Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:17:20 -0800
Hi All :)
    My first answer was to recommend DataNow! that ICS handles these days
(CosmoSoft originally wrote it) but then I got thinking (I know dangerous
thing to do... it either gets me into trouble or married! hehe)

    I think the best answer is a mixture of products... and in my past life
I found that I could create wonderful solutions to problems using:
DataNow!, SuprTool and FoxPro!  Remember, the tool needs to fit the job...
You wouldn't use a 'hydrospanner' for installing a light switch now would
you? hehehe (obvious reference to Star Wars is intended!)

So, Gary, I would have to say that you need to look at your needs and what
you need to accomplish and then select the tool :)

Art "hmmm.... I thot and I am getting married :) hehehe" Bahrs

Don't forget "DataNOW" from ICS.

+=====================================
 Keven Miller   KC7LYD
 [log in to unmask]   (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA)
+=====================================

<<<<<< Gary Jackson said: >>>>>

Oh knowledgable listers-

I have a want (need?) for a Report Writer to use on our HP3000.
Does anyone have a reccomendation based on personal
experience?  Oh, and by the way, it needs to be cheap!

Thanks for your input

Gary

Gary Jackson
Nevada County Supt. of Schools